Welcome -- and thank you! -- to all West End Volunteers!
We are urgently looking to fill the following positions for the 2022/23 season:
- CONVENORS. For most divisions (U6, U7, U9, U11, U13, U15, U18). This role works best with a partner. Apply individually or with a buddy!
- Supports division coaches with the evaluation/sort-out process (on-ice assessments/evaluation games, team drafts & balancing
- Communicates with division parents via TeamSnap
- Communicates with division coaches re: schedules, training requirements, sharing practice plans, etc.
- Supports coaches as required through season start-up and on-going (scheduling conflicts, policy issues, may get involved in disciplinary matters, etc.)
- Helps coordinate photo day
- Volunteer Now!
- HEAD COACHES. Many needed across all divisions.
- The Head Coach organizes all on-ice activities for games and practices.
- Provides guidance to the team Manager for the coordination of off-ice activities.
- To apply, please complete the Coaching Application Form.
- Submit questions and/or completed applications to VP Junior (U6, U7, U9), VP Intermediate (U11, U13) or VP Senior (U15, U18, U21).
- CASUAL VOLUNTEERS. To help with the first few days of sort-outs.
- Helping hand out jerseys, guide players and coaches, and put order to the chaos of the first few days!
- 1-3 hour shifts, as needed
- Volunteer Now!
PLEASE COMPLETE OUR ONLINE VOLUNTEER SIGN UP!
General Information on Volunteering with the West End Hockey League
- All volunteers automatically agree to adhere to the WEHL Code of Conduct. The WEHL Code of Conduct automatically applies to all members registered with the West End Hockey League and whose names appear on an official ODMHA team list for the West End Hockey League.
- All volunteers, no matter what the position (coach, assistant coach, manager, trainer, on-ice volunteer), are required at a minimum to:
Depending on your role, other clinics and/or certifications may be required. Please visit the
Clinics page to ensure you have the required qualifications for your desired volunteer position.
WEHL hosted an Team Volunteer meeting in September 2022. The presentation slides from the meeting can be found below. This is a handy reference deck to refer to during the year.