4th Annual Julie Dunnigan Memorial Bursary
The West End Hockey League is now accepting applications for the 4th annual Julie Dunnigan Memorial Bursary for all current WEHL Midget level players that will be attending a post-secondary institution in September.
Julie Dunnigan was an active West End Hockey volunteer and board member who passed away on December 24th 2018. This bursary was established by her family as a way to recognize a WEHL player who is advancing to college or university to pursue their academics. A bursary of $500 will be awarded to one successful applicant registered with the WEHL 2021/2022 “season” as a house league player who best combines:
- Community participation
- Hockey performance and quality of contribution
- Sportsmanship and fair play
- Must be a current member in good standing of the WEHL and played in the organization as a House League player for a minimum of 4 years;
- Must be applying to a recognized post-secondary institution as a full time student in September 2022; and
- Must submit a complete application with the information outlined in the form.
The deadline for applications is May 31, 2022.